November 21, 2007

nap sonnet

this poem is dedicated to naps everywhere.

I almost wrote you an ode
but what I really mean to say is, 'hello!'
(I guess I got confused -
like the time I said "chillow.")*
Because when sleep is lessened
thanks to a three hour time change
you alone can come to my rescue
making busy days more restful.
So I finally learned your value
forgotten since I was about two
because everyday this week
you've given me what I need!


*on a trip to nyc my sis & i got into an awkward conversation with a bellman who invited himself to our thanksgiving dinner. when he offered to bring a chair or a pillow to sit on, i responded, a few seconds later, with: yeah, just bring a chillow! to say the least it didn't help the awkwardness of the situation, but to say the most, i think he thought i was making a joke so he laughed. yeah, thats exactly what i intended to do.

No comments: