December 20, 2007

Landed. With soft thunder
on the cushion of snow and countryside.
It washes with its whiteness, with cold brightness
Words that were muddy, experience unguided.
I sleep,
listen.

Look.

Wait.



Til stress’ yoke is fully broke.
And melted snowflakes roll
down my cheeks.
When heart begins to thaw
it aches.

But Joy remakes.
And Christmas' wished for prayer
for peace quickly is brought to bear.
We rest not alone, but in presence Divine
whereupon muted lips and closed eye
Glory intimate and beautiful shines.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Lisa--Another beautiful poem. I love every bit of it and can imagine you arriving home to North Dakota for the holidays, catching up on your sleep, shrugging off school stress, and celebrating Christmas. I wish I was there to share the season with you. Love, Erin