September 12, 2007

the tenant

Abiding in this space unseen cut with diamond gravity
I breathe.
Infant-blink, cautiously discovering existence
past death's brutal blow and sting.
Destruction wavers upon consummation
unsettling all my buried pieces
hurt-made shy to waking
in dim, compassionate light.

Barrenness bloomed in holy hibernation,
hanging up hearts burden on midnight stars
set free from worldly fairytales.

A listless wanderer lingers near
But brokenness and love left locked the door.
Grief’s house cannot be plundered, presumed vacant
I am drinking in its beauty; for I am its tenant,
supping with the patient Lord of silent sadness.
I nestle to his side near coldening smoldering fire
Eyes mesmerized goodbying dying embers dancing.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Lisa, your poems are so beautiful. I am so moved by your imagery, i.e. the house of grief here and Christ the archer in your poem below. You are not a struggling poet but clearly an imaginative and articulate one. Keep writing! Love you lots, Erin